Search for content in message boards

Russ - have a question about FTM

Replies: 0

Russ - have a question about FTM

Posted: 6 May 2013 2:20PM GMT
Classification: Query
"I actually have two copies of anything that I put into Family Tree Maker. The first copy would be on an External Drive where I have all of my Photos, where I file them by Family Tree Maker File.

The trick here, is Filename, for me at least. I name the files so I know what they are. Usually, Surname_First_Middle_Date_Event for the format, or some variation on that.

Now, I want to add that photo to Family Tree Maker. I Add that Media File for the Person, navigate to the External Drive and COPY that file, from the External Drive to the Media Folder for Family Tree Maker." http://boards.ancestry.com/topics.software.famtreemaker/6553...

Russ, this is something you wrote in another thread back on 25Feb2011. Your post got me wondering, how do you search? I'm thinking you're not searching "through" FTM and then using the "merge" feature. I think you're doing your searching, saving whatever records you might down load to your hard drive, then attaching/copying to your people in FTM when you've vetted the document. Is this how you do it? I'm learning that what I've been doing needs some tweaking.

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions