Search for content in message boards

Is there a way to check a FTM 2012 file for errors.

Replies: 22

Re: Is there a way to check a FTM 2012 file for errors.

Posted: 17 May 2013 7:41AM GMT
Classification: Query
There is a program called GENMatcher that might be helpful in SOME of the areas being discussed in this thread.
It is published by Mud Creek and is very inexpensive
It can be used to compare two different files
It can also be used to find duplicate individuals in one file [somewhat along the lines of the error report in FTM]
It requires that the user create a GEDCOM file

Without getting into the definition of what is an error – it seems to me that if you have two or three different individuals in your file who are really the same person then your file is in error

I use it all the time in addition to using the FTM errors report

A good feature of it [and is a feature that FTM does not have] is that it has a set/table of options that can be individually chosen by the user. As one simple example the user can set birth date options to have the system search and report on people whose birth dates are within X days of one another. That is you can tell it to search on all persons whose names are “the same” [exactly the same of length X or Soundex the same of Length X] and have birth dates that are within say 100 days of each other

You still have to enter your corrections in FTM on by one

I have three Monitors so I can have GenMatcher on one screen, FTM on another screen and then use the third screen to perform searches on the person in question. Works quite well

SubjectAuthorDate Posted
KylaSandberg 14 May 2013 7:04AM GMT 
garnetquigley 16 May 2013 12:55AM GMT 
barbarajfn 16 May 2013 5:58AM GMT 
kj_norway 16 May 2013 6:24PM GMT 
barbarajfn 16 May 2013 6:36PM GMT 
kj_norway 16 May 2013 7:27PM GMT 
barbarajfn 16 May 2013 7:47PM GMT 
garnetquigley 17 May 2013 10:17AM GMT 
KATHYMARIEANN 17 May 2013 1:41PM GMT 
dmossfritch 17 May 2013 3:04PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions