Search for content in message boards

Suggestions for FTM 2014

Replies: 75

Re: Suggestions for FTM 2014

Posted: 6 Jul 2013 9:37AM GMT
Classification: Query
I totally agree with the suggestion for allowing uncertain entries to be added and then highlighted in some way (they could look different on a tree diagram for example). I am a stickler for ensuring I have enough sources/evidence to be sure an entry is correct (too many trees are full of dubious entries for my liking).

For now I have to create separate trees in which to store entries that I have not been able to substantiate to my satisfaction. Once I am happy I then have to merge the trees somehow. If I could create these entries directly into my main tree but be able to see easily which have yet to be fully ratified then that would be a great benefit to me.

At present it is very difficult to tell the quality of the data in other people's trees (a lot of people seem to have no sources at all!) and if they could identify themselves those entries they were uncertain about it would give me more confidence in other people's trees (well a bit anyway!).

Finally support for multi monitors would be fantastic. I have a three monitor setup and if I could have different views across multiple screens it would help a lot. I appreciate this is likely to be of benefit to only a minority of users but multi monitor setups are on the increase. When you are dealing with a lot of data (surname index, family tree views, source/media views, to do lists, charts, etc.) being able to spread the windows across a number of screens really does help.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
David Abernat... 14 Jun 2013 10:13PM GMT 
Jeannerenshaw... 15 Jun 2013 1:38PM GMT 
ginglish1 15 Jun 2013 3:39PM GMT 
Stephanie L M... 18 Jun 2013 3:44PM GMT 
richway12 19 Jun 2013 3:02AM GMT 
amanda8_0 23 Jun 2013 4:40AM GMT 
tulrose 23 Jun 2013 3:18PM GMT 
Laura Harlow 28 Jun 2013 10:58PM GMT 
natsgenealogy 6 Jul 2013 3:37PM GMT 
Bob Arens 2 Aug 2013 11:35AM GMT 
per page