Search for content in message boards

FTM upload issue: Foreign characters lost after tree export/import

Replies: 7

Re: FTM upload issue: Foreign characters lost after tree export/import

Posted: 9 Jun 2013 4:56PM GMT
Classification: Query
I accomplished the same, using a slightly different process.

I'm running Windows 7 64-bit, with US settings. I do have alternate character sets enabled, since I use several European languages on a regular basis, for business purposes.

I have 2 user profiles set up on my primary computer.

My primary tree, with photos, documents, etc., resides on ancestry.com and syncs to FTM 2012, from one user profile. That tree is private.

From the OTHER user profile, if I open my tree in FTM, it tells me that it is not sync-ed. I then upload that tree, without media, choosing the unlinked option. I upload a new tree version every few weeks - when I have made enough changes to warrant the effort. That tree is public.

By choosing the unlinked option for the public tree, I cannot run the risk of accidentally changing the wrong version of my tree or of confusing FTM.

I have a few names with accented characters, and I have not noticed any issues. Before I upload a fresh version (probably next week), I'll put a few test names in, to verify.

HTH
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
yetanotherexp... 9 Jun 2013 8:38PM GMT 
BurgessDonnel... 9 Jun 2013 10:56PM GMT 
yetanotherexp... 10 Jun 2013 7:26AM GMT 
BurgessDonnel... 10 Jun 2013 1:12PM GMT 
yetanotherexp... 11 Jun 2013 6:56AM GMT 
kj_norway 11 Jun 2013 12:07PM GMT 
yetanotherexp... 11 Jun 2013 12:52PM GMT 
yetanotherexp... 12 Jun 2013 6:58AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

  • Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions