Search for content in message boards

source of CPU RAM hog interfering with FTM?

Replies: 12

Re: source of CPU RAM hog interfering with FTM?

Posted: 13 Jul 2013 11:45AM GMT
Classification: Query
I am on a Cable connected Modem, with a wired/wireless Router. There are 6 desktops and laptops connected most of the time. Then have two other laptops that are sometimes connected. There are 2 printers connected to 2 desktops, and 3 scanners connected to 3 desktops. The printers are all shared to ALL connected by wire or wireless for use.
We have a mixture of Windows 7 32 and 64 bit, XP and sometimes Windows 8. Files are also shared across the network on most of the machines.

As of yet I have not had any memory errors on any of these machines and I run several different versions of FTM on 5 of these machines. I do a lot of testing of OS's and programs.

So I do NOT think that your network is at issue other than maybe the "Apple" products that you have running. I have seen many times when some of these "I" products are at fault.

The "Svchost.exe " is used by many devices, processes and programs. So you may see it listed many times. I have not seen any issues as to these slowing down a system other than it can get damaged. See http://www.exe-error-advisor.com/svchost-exe for more information.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
bojangles2_1 13 Jul 2013 3:38PM GMT 
David Abernat... 13 Jul 2013 5:45PM GMT 
alanmon 13 Jul 2013 7:17PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions