Search for content in message boards

Children Out of Order

Replies: 6

Re: Children Out of Order

Posted: 28 Aug 2013 8:04AM GMT
Classification: Query
kj_norway comment

"It would be nice if you could order children yourself and the ordering would stay regardless. Transfer between FTM and A.com should never reorder anything, children, facts, marriages, etc. Many times a documents will imply order of events or a picture will name children (and you can infer birth order) but never give actual dates, if you order them by hand you should expect that order to stay put"

Yes, Yes, Yes and yes

This is the solution

The Program should not be changing the order of children that the user puts them in --- regardless if the user is corect or not correct or has their own methodology/reason for their chosen sequence

I don't believe the so-called new algorithm for 2014 will be able to put the children back in order, especially for those children with no dates [and I assume users will not just be making up dates to provide a "pretty" sequence]

I believe the program will not be able to put them in order cause there is nothing to sort on

My guess there is going to be a fair amount of disappointment on the new release in this area -------cause in my case I literally have thousands of children without birthdates

SubjectAuthorDate Posted
jsheliga 27 Aug 2013 2:48AM GMT 
sl_kelly 27 Aug 2013 3:13AM GMT 
jsheliga 27 Aug 2013 3:28AM GMT 
jamclo 28 Aug 2013 2:33AM GMT 
curmil 28 Aug 2013 11:07AM GMT 
kj_norway 28 Aug 2013 1:00PM GMT 
KATHYMARIEANN 28 Aug 2013 2:04PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions