Search for content in message boards

Errors in Family Tree Maker

Replies: 1

Errors in Family Tree Maker

Posted: 5 Sep 2013 6:01PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 5 Sep 2013 6:04PM GMT
I just messed up my FTM database. These errors caused lockups in FTM 2012 (Windows XP SP 3, 1.6gb, dual core processor). Also the program slowed to a snails pace. This was much worse than usual slow speed of FTMl. Fortunately I was able to get in and correct the errors.

I have made it a practice not to include anything but text in the Text items. Today I was summarizing 10 years of data that I had collected, and put the summary in a Smart Story in an FTM book. To improve the quality of the summary I placed two images of maps I cut from another source.

These images were the problem. As I said they slowed FTM down significantly from its normal slow speed. As I was working ont FTM locked up several times and I had to kill it from the Task Manager as FTM was completely unresponsive.

Removing the pictures from the Smart Story resolved the problem and FTM is working as good as it was before I added the pictures to the Smart Story.

Moral: If you are having lock up problems with FTM and extremely slow speeds, go into your Smart Stories/Text Items and remove all of the images.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
keithnuttle 6 Sep 2013 12:01AM GMT 
jamclo 6 Sep 2013 1:27AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic