I am not sure exactly what I did wrong and only discovered the problem that I described a couple of months after I entered the person, when I tried to produce a descendants report, so I do not remember exactly what I may have done wrong.
I have attached some screen shots of the individual, The person screen, a family view report screen, an ancestors report, and a descendants report. As you can see the family view report is OK, but the ancestors and descendants reports get corrupted. I turned off all the notes etc and only kept preferred facts of birth, death, and marriage. The descendants report is of my wife's family so you can see this occurs throughout the file.
I produced a GEDCOM and it does not appear to be a problem in that file.
Well I just tried to attach the file as a pdf and now it says I can only attach certain file formats which do not include pdfs. I'll see if I can convert it to one of these other formats or post it somewhere else.
Mike in TX