Search for content in message boards

Migrate from FTM 2012 to FTM Mac 2

Replies: 3

Migrate from FTM 2012 to FTM Mac 2

Posted: 9 Jan 2012 6:05PM GMT
Classification: Query
Have others migrated from FTM 2012 (PC) to FTM Mac 2? I am having a great many issues with data and am wondering if it is the data, the software, or both.

I have many duplicate place names. It seems that on almost every time I enter a place name for someone it creates a second instance of that place. All subsequent additions seem to go into the new place. When I go through my list of places and try to replace one with another (no pun intended), often the replace fails with no error. I have found that if I go the other way and replace the second one with the first instead, many times, but not always, it will work.

I have noticed many problems with sorting. Regardless of the sort order or preferred status specified, Marriages on the PEOPLE screen PERSON tab are usually in the wrong order. Clicking the date heading at the top of the screen does not impact the marriages, but will truly mess up the rest of the information order, and I wasn't able to straighten that out without closing the program and restarting it.

Also, even when children are correctly listed by birth date on the PEOPLE screen FAMILY tab, when you go to the PERSON tab the mini chart at the top shows the children in the wrong birth order much of the time.

When using the WEB SEARCH function and merging a census record, the merge presents the existing children in a hodgepodge order. Doesn't seem to be by date of birth or alphabetically.

I'm wondering if any of these things are related to the way the data was migrated from 2012 to FTMM2
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
HJC3HJC3 10 Jan 2012 1:05AM GMT 
ilkajb 2 Jul 2013 2:36AM GMT 
HJC3HJC3 2 Jul 2013 2:53AM GMT 
ilkajb 2 Jul 2013 3:26AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions