Search for content in message boards

The last sync failed

Replies: 46

Re: Sync problems duplicating entries

Posted: 30 Dec 2012 11:48AM GMT
Classification: Query
Ancestry is constantly tinkering with the site, they would be having to send out email notifications every other minute, ;). No, they don't send email notification about function changes.

The best I can advise is to put the the blog on your homepage, mine is on the upper left hand side of the home page. This is the first thing I review when I come to the site. Unfortunately, the (US) blog used to be a strictly for site news, but has been increasing cluttered with crap, avoid the rv and homeschooled tripe they're giving space to.

The Ancestry techs who actually understand the function of the site are few and far between, and those who understand Mac and Ancestry and FTMM are none. Some users have far more knowledge about functions, simply because we work more consistently with them. I ONLY manually sync, I've never allowed auto-sync and I've never had sync issues.

Frankly, Ancestry's communication to it's customer base has become a schizoid mess; messages boards, support forums, blogs, facebook, twitter, and more.

A few years ago, after consistent complaining by some of the more vocal users of the site, Ancestry started to post if the site (or parts of) was down on the blog and also placed a blue banner notification across the site pages. They also posted notifications on the blog when they would be upgrading something. I haven't seen a notification in over a year, but I could be not looking the right place, (but I doubt it).

SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Carrie Muniz 30 Dec 2012 5:53PM GMT 
daciodan 30 Dec 2012 6:48PM GMT 
BobHewitt44 30 Dec 2012 7:14PM GMT 
rkj827 31 Dec 2012 11:50AM GMT 
BobHewitt44 31 Dec 2012 12:33PM GMT 
Carrie Muniz 31 Dec 2012 6:37PM GMT 
BobHewitt44 31 Dec 2012 9:03PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions