Search for content in message boards

Sync Created Duplicate Marriage Facts

Replies: 13

Sync Created Duplicate Marriage Facts

Posted: 23 Jul 2012 1:22AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 23 Jul 2012 1:25AM GMT
Today I made a few changes to my online tree and then did a sync to Family Tree Maker for Mac 2. The change log that popped up showed a lot more changes about to be made than I expected... but I didn't realize something was wrong and I let the sync go ahead.

The result was that the software created duplicates for several marriage and divorce facts on various people all over my tree. I think a few census facts were duplicated as well. About 40 additions in all. Fortunately the duplicate facts created new unresolved places in my Places menu, so I was able to use that to figure out all the people affected (I hope). I then went in and removed the duplicates manually; two hours of my time lost in checking every individual who might be affected and fixing his/her profile.

Upon syncing again, there were no longer duplicates, but afterward some of these marriages and divorces were present in the online tree but missing from the FTM tree. So the only way I could resolve the situation was to make sure the online tree was correct, unlink and delete the FTM tree, and then download the online tree into FTM fresh.

Has anyone else encountered this bug since the update a few days ago? It worries me... I thought the worst that could happen with syncing is that you'd have to unlink and redownload your tree. Having the system actually create facts in random places on your tree is far worse.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
ejg25 23 Jul 2012 7:22AM GMT 
Russ Worthing... 31 Jul 2012 1:06PM GMT 
Richard Mansf... 31 Jul 2012 3:05PM GMT 
ejg25 31 Jul 2012 4:25PM GMT 
Jillaine Smit... 1 Aug 2012 2:20AM GMT 
ejg25 1 Aug 2012 3:11AM GMT 
Russ Worthing... 1 Aug 2012 12:55PM GMT 
ejg25 1 Aug 2012 3:53PM GMT 
Russ Worthing... 1 Aug 2012 12:53PM GMT 
halprinfamily 10 Aug 2012 1:46AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions