My apologies for my slow response, I had hoped to run some trials before responding to your question. But my day job has gotten in the way.
- only 225 people in my tree so far
- I am running on a Mac and have invested in Reunion 10, FTMFM, and FTM 2012 running on Parallels
- Reunion on my iPad
- Ancestry app on my iPad
- Subscription to Ancestry.ca, including my family tree of 225 people
- I am convinced Reunion 10 is the best fit for me as my master data base
- Reunion on my iPad is very handy when traveling. I recently visited some family grave sites and was able to use Reunion on the spot and update information in the cemetery for later syncing on Reunion 10
- Ancestry for iPad is very useful for reviewing hints, especially Sunday morning coffee in my easy chair
Here is how my workflow might unfold:
1. hint review and acceptance/deny on Ancestry for iPad
2. Sync between Ancestry tree and FTM 2012
3. Copy media and sources from either Ancestry tree or FTM 2012 to Reunion 10. This is the big piece for me to test: Which is the better location for capturing source information the web based tree or the software based tree?
This question of workflow is probably justifies a new thread.