Search for content in message boards

Family Tree Maker 2 for Mac is the CRAPPIEST Mac software on the market

Replies: 5

Family Tree Maker 2 for Mac is the CRAPPIEST Mac software on the market

Posted: 14 Jan 2013 7:41PM GMT
Classification: Query
DO NOT BUY THIS SOFTWARE IF YOU VALUE YOUR TIME

I have had nothing but problems since day 1, which was with Family Tree Maker. It was constantly crashing, crashing, crashing, no error messages, just inexplicably closing.

I paid more $$$ and upgraded to Family Tree Maker 2, and it seemed to work ok for a while. Then I discovered I had 2 trees on Ancestry.com. Customer support walked me through eliminating the extra tree.

Everything seemed to work ok for a few weeks, but in the last week I have lost at least 20 hours of research time and spent about 3 hours on the phone with support. FTM2 is crashing, creating multiple trees on Ancestry.com, refusing to snyc, etc. etc. etc.

And to add insult to injury, per customer support I eliminated the two excess trees that FTM2 had created on Ancestry.com, and my DNA match "Has a Hint" green leaves have DISAPPEARED!!! And support has no idea on how to get them back. I had 25-30 DNA tree matches that I have to spend the time to find again, from ~2,700 potential matches. That is going to take hours and hours!!!

I asked support to just let me trade FTM2 for the Mac for the PC version, I have had it! I got nothing but a run around, I was told I had to "call NOVA" they were the ones who sold me the software, although I bought it on Ancestry.com's web site.

I am too upset right now to call NOVA, as I know I will get the run around again!!!

Ancestry.com and NOVA have to know how horrible FTM2 for the Mac is, yet they are doing nothing to correct the problems.

I use my MacBook Pro "professionally", that is I am a professional and have literally a dozen Mac programs that I use every day. FTM2 is the ONLY program I am having problems with.

So if you value your time, my advice based on my personal experience is DO NOT BUY FAMILY TREE MAKER 2 for the Mac.

F. Mitchell
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
mitchsfm 15 Jan 2013 2:41AM GMT 
daciodan 15 Jan 2013 4:52AM GMT 
mitchsfm 15 Jan 2013 5:07AM GMT 
YVONNE_BENDAL... 7 Apr 2013 6:02AM GMT 
mitchsfm 7 Apr 2013 6:10AM GMT 
peggyannchown... 10 Apr 2013 3:08PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions