Search for content in message boards

Maximum Book Size via Publish Module?

Replies: 4

Maximum Book Size via Publish Module?

Posted: 4 Mar 2013 10:07AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 4 Mar 2013 10:33AM GMT
I'm running into crashes when exporting books via the Publish Module.

My exported PDF book is about 750 pages with no automated reports, charts, contents or indexes. Just individual reports and media files adding up to about 800mb total.

I can't export any type of book. PDF, RTF, DOCX, or export it as a PDF via the PRINT option. As well, once the book passes a certain size, I cannot split up the export (export pages 1 to 200, then 201 to 400, etc...). It still crashes.

No other apps are running and I show plenty of memory available while running the export via the activity monitor. The app runs up to about 4GB of memory used before it crashes. I've also noticed that FTM is only a 32-bit app suggesting it can only use 4GB max of memory, true? Does this not seem like a severe limitation for a database application?

While FTM says it supports Mountain Lion, Mountain Lion is a 64bit only environment and Family Tree Maker is a 32bit only application. According to various threads around the internet most 32bit apps simply won't run and if they do become very unstable when running in a 64bit environment.

I'm using a 2012 MacBook Pro Retina with 16GB of memory on a fairly new and clean install of Mountain Lion 10.8.2.

If anyone can confirm they can't export books of a certain size, this would surely help! Thanks!
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
ChristopherPa... 4 Mar 2013 5:07PM GMT 
Sean Franklin 4 Mar 2013 8:00PM GMT 
Sean Franklin 4 Mar 2013 8:12PM GMT 
ChristopherPa... 4 Mar 2013 8:27PM GMT 
ChristopherPa... 6 Mar 2013 5:41AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions