Search for content in message boards

Sources and Source Citations

Replies: 3

Re: Sources and Source Citations

Posted: 14 Mar 2013 8:49PM GMT
Classification: Query
Thus far all of my records have been attached to my Ancestry tree and brought to FTM Mac 2 via TreeSync.

Please take another look at the 1860 example you posted. It suffers from the problems I mentioned:

- The "Roll:" label is present but there is no roll number specified.
- The enumeration district and the Family Library Film number are missing entirely.
- Ancestry.com is author, publisher and repository in the reference note, that's why it appears 4 times in the note. It may be easier to see what I mean about this one if you open the edit for the 1860 source in FTM.
- The 1860 example is quit a bit more verbose (~40% longer) than the text book example from Ancestry's help I posted in my original note. My source bibliography is about 30 pages so reducing the size by ~40% would be significant.

I know all of this may seem overly picky but on the off chance that I might get something published by my local historical society someday I would like for Ancentry-FTM to meet the required standard for source citation but also keep the citations as efficient as possible.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
peggyannchown... 14 Mar 2013 10:20PM GMT 
Sean Franklin 15 Mar 2013 2:14AM GMT 
peggyannchown... 15 Mar 2013 2:49AM GMT 
Sean Franklin 15 Mar 2013 4:52AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions