Search for content in message boards

Index feature in Books does not work

Replies: 3

Index feature in Books does not work

Posted: 10 Apr 2013 6:04PM GMT
Classification: Query
I, too, am very disappointed with FTM for Mac 2. (I have FTM for Mac 2, Ver 21.2.7.542; running on OS X, ver. 10.8.3, with 2.9 GHz Intel Core i5 processor, with 8 GB of memory.)

The sync feature seems to be on and off. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn’t. Or works with some databases and not with others.

The specific shortcoming I currently have today is with the Index feature of Book publishing. This is totally unacceptable. To give an example of what happens, or rather what does not happen:

First I created a book and included a descendant chart of my immediate family. Then I added an index. Here is what the index looks like: my father is included, my mother is not. I am not included, my wife is not included; my brother, a single person, is not included. My two sisters are included but not their husbands; my nephews and nieces are not included.

So here is the conclusion: Spouses of married people are not indexed, single people are not indexed, married people who do not have children are not indexed. This makes no sense. A proper index should list everyone, right?

I called the help line and the best suggestion they could come up with was that I needed to include a kinship report. Which I did, listing myself as the principal. This got my mother, my brother, my wife and me in the index, but only in the Kinship Report; still not in the Descendant Report.

I would like to know what positive steps Family TreeMaker is taking to address both the syncing problem and the indexing problem I have outlined here. Likewise, what steps is the developer, MacKiev taking to solve these deficiencies?

When will we have a program that is up to reasonable standards and reliable?

Rather than users paying for the program, I feel like FTM should pay us for testing their clearly inadequate product.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
GLentz74 11 Apr 2013 12:04AM GMT 
Sean Franklin 11 Apr 2013 3:58AM GMT 
GLentz74 11 Apr 2013 4:07AM GMT 
Sean Franklin 11 Apr 2013 4:23AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic