Search for content in message boards

Image merge problems

Replies: 0

Image merge problems

Posted: 19 Aug 2013 12:21PM GMT
Classification: Query
I am so distressed with FTM for Mac2 and trying to merge items that I find on Ancestry.com. First there was the huge fiasco with syncing trees and getting so many duplicates of everything, that I finally had to delete trees and start all over - and will never try syncing again. I recently started working on my trees again - it took forever to clean up the sync mess - and have found two new problems. When I find something on Ancestry.com and merge it to FTMFM2, the source shows correctly, but often the image that is attached to it is wrong. The other problem is with multiple images attaching to a single source. Say you find 10 different people in City Directories (all different) and think you are merging to the individual. However, all the images are attaching to the same source and each individual now has 10 images attached (9 of which are unrelated). I have called tech support numerous times over the past month with no real solution. I've just about given up completely on FTMFM2. People at support are very nice, but know nothing about the Mac program - they don't even have a Mac available to them! I'm beginning to think that Ancestry.com is wanting to get out of FTMFM2 and just have the internet program to deal with, so it's not really doing anything to improve or fix what is there. Too bad since I really liked what I had when it worked. I think things got weird after the first of this year because things seemed okay before then. Anyone else having these problems, or does anyone else go back to check if the sources and images match?

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions