Search for content in message boards

Questions About Family Tree Maker For Mac ??

Replies: 6

Questions About Family Tree Maker For Mac ??

Posted: 7 Sep 2013 8:26PM GMT
Classification: Query

I have been using ancestry.com and I am happy with it, however, I have found items that I would prefer being different. I have a few questions before i take the plunge:

1. Is the tree cross-referencable? For example: I have a lot of family buried in a cemetery, can I cross-reference to see all the family members buried in that cemetery, or do I have to look at each person individually like with Ancestry.com?
2. Is it easy to save the documents to my computer, so they are "mine"? I don't want to always have to maintain my Ancestry subscription.
3. Does FTM work using ancestry.com records?
4. What happens when FTM comes out with a new edition of the program? Can I upgrade to the new version and keep all the documents? I want to be saving the documents them selves, not just the info as in a GEDCOM file.
What is the best version? Is there a "Professional line" of FTM?

If Family Tree Maker is not the right program for me, can someone tell me that program that would answer my needs listed above. I prefer Mac to PC programs.

Thank You For Your Time!
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
rdavenport78 8 Sep 2013 2:26AM GMT 
daciodan 8 Sep 2013 3:16PM GMT 
DianeHesse 13 Sep 2013 3:40PM GMT 
daciodan 14 Sep 2013 7:02PM GMT 
DianeHesse 14 Sep 2013 7:06PM GMT 
daciodan 15 Sep 2013 6:32PM GMT 
DianeHesse 15 Sep 2013 7:09PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions