Search for content in message boards

Family Tree Maker for Mac-VERSION 3 Questions

Replies: 3

Re: Family Tree Maker for Mac-VERSION 3 Questions

Posted: 23 Sep 2013 10:48AM GMT
Classification: Query
Hej 'searches171.'

Yeah, both Nova & Ancestry.com are very slow at replying to emails, if ever. I often write to them as well with no response or a lack-luster response. I can only assume they either simply don't care or are in financial trouble (not putting more resources into customer service).

Having said that, here's what I've learned so far:
1. As of today, I believe it's due out within 1-3 months. Based off of past experience with them, this seems fairly likely.
2. I simply don't know, but do know they've expanded the windows 'reports' but a good amount.
3. As above, I simply don't know but I believe we should expect more options for reports in general.

I know it's not much but I hope it helps!

Also, considering how 'buggy' the current version of the mac app is, I'd highly recommend making a full backup of your tree and keeping it quarantined from your 'converted' tree once the new version is out. I've got a feeling (also based off of past experience) that it'll be quite buggy and their track record for putting out updates isn't so hot. You may find yourself wanting to go back to the current version on occasion.

I don't suppose you know about the 'publish' module for the mac version and if it's been expanded or refined?

Sincerely,
Christopher
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
searches171 8 Sep 2013 6:24PM GMT 
jedwin31001 9 Sep 2013 4:31PM GMT 
ChristopherPa... 23 Sep 2013 4:48PM GMT 
searches171 23 Sep 2013 5:12PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic