Search for content in message boards

Problem downloading Ancestry trees

Replies: 6

Re: Problem downloading Ancestry trees

Posted: 5 Mar 2014 12:43PM GMT
Classification: Query
Thanks for your reply. Yes, I guess it does sound strange that I would keep the old software. It's because I haven't gotten the new software working yet (after 5 weeks).

I can't get my primary file uploaded to the new FTM for MAC 3 program. Have been calling the help desk who say my file is probably damaged and so have been using the old program to try to fix the file. (When I upload my primary tree to the new software I loose almost all of the relationships between parents and children - the stats say I have a tree with one generation while the correct number should be 13.)

They sent me the instructions for "Repairing a damaged Family Tree Maker for MAC file" and I tried to work through the steps it outlines. First I compacted the file but then can't upload the tree to Ancestry.com in order to download it back to the new software. After waiting a long while for the process to package and transfer I get a pink message box on the Ancestry.com website saying "There was an error processing your tree. Please try again."

I have retried several times and still no go unless I strip the media and sources, which did work a couple of days ago but those are the files that the new software won't accept as a download. I am not too crazy about loosing all of that information anyway.

Not sure what to do. Suggestions?
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Mary Jo Nelse... 2 Mar 2014 7:11PM GMT 
daciodan 2 Mar 2014 9:12PM GMT 
Mary Jo Nelse... 5 Mar 2014 7:43PM GMT 
daciodan 5 Mar 2014 8:28PM GMT 
Mary Jo Nelse... 6 Mar 2014 5:19PM GMT 
benrymnd 23 Mar 2014 1:58PM GMT 
benrymnd 23 Mar 2014 5:41PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic