Search for content in message boards

Social Genealogy Software Research

Replies: 2

Social Genealogy Software Research

Posted: 17 Oct 2012 1:55PM GMT
Classification: Query
Hi All,

I'm currently a third year computer science student. During the course of this year i'm going to be working on a computing project. For this project I have chosen to research and create a 'social genealogy' web application.

The question that i'm trying to somewhat answer by creating this software will be something like :

"How can social networking and genealogy be combined to allow families to reconnect and collaborate, regarding the family's history as well as creating a simple platform in which people can find and keep in contact with each other? "

In very short, my idea is that people can create a tree and when adding records to the tree, current records would be searched and if found already in the system , trees can be linked etc. if that person is a user, messaging features etc will be available.

I was wondering if anyone would be able to help me. I was wondering what kind of functionality you would look for in a piece of software like this, what you think would be useful etc.

Many thanks for reading, and any input will be very much appreciated.

Luke

SubjectAuthorDate Posted
luke_gee22 17 Oct 2012 7:55PM GMT 
AGHatchett3rd 17 Oct 2012 8:07PM GMT 
luke_gee22 17 Oct 2012 8:31PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions