Search for content in message boards

software program that will allow siblings without parents

Replies: 2

software program that will allow siblings without parents

Posted: 13 Mar 2013 10:55AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 13 Mar 2013 11:07AM GMT
For years I've been using FTM. In the old version of FTM, each screen is a family view and children can be input without any parents listed.

In some cases, people in my tree have known sibling, but unknown parents. For example, two sisters that married two brother, parents of the sisters are unknown. This relationship was no problem in the older version of FTM.

When I tried to update to FTM 2008, it broke the relationships between the people that did not have parents listed. It also wanted to "fix" all my place names, and I preferred the family view from the older version, so I reverted back to version 8, rather than attempting to fix my family file.

Does anyone know of a software program that will allow you to add siblings to individuals when there are no parents listed? I know I can always add "unknown" parents to make it work, but I'd rather not add unknowns unless necessary.

Any thoughts? I would like to update my software at some point. If there are not any programs that will take the siblings as is, I'll have to go through my file and add unknown parents to them. Also, I prefer a family group view, rather than the pedigree view that seems to have become so prevalent. Any suggestions?
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Lisa Kennedy 13 Mar 2013 4:55PM GMT 
curmil 14 Mar 2013 10:33PM GMT 
Lisa Kennedy 14 Mar 2013 10:44PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic