Search for content in message boards

advice for a beginner

Replies: 4

advice for a beginner

Posted: 30 Jul 2014 8:04AM GMT
Classification: Query
I have just started getting interested in my family history and it's been a fun ride so far.

But all these software options is confusing to say the least. I'm considering buying a program that I would like to sync with FamilySearch and A.com. From what it sounds like, it doesn't seem that's an easy thing to do to say the least. And from what I've read Ancestry.com's own software FTM had a difficult time syncing. If I could choose just one to sync with, it would be FamilySearch, but would like the option open in the future with A.com. As someone who is just staring out, I find all these software issues beyond comprehension and quite absurd, almost inspiring one to not even bother with family history.

So, before I go down the road to far with any one program, what advice would suggest? If you had the chance to start over with a certain setup, what would you do, knowing what you know now?

My own sense at this point is use a program that syncs well with familyseach, and just use A.com for research purposes.

Any insights for a newbie? What kind of setup do you use?

SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Dallas Robbin... 30 Jul 2014 2:04PM GMT 
AGHatchett3rd 30 Jul 2014 3:19PM GMT 
Dallas Robbin... 30 Jul 2014 4:12PM GMT 
kj_norway 31 Jul 2014 2:49AM GMT 
Dallas Robbin... 1 Aug 2014 12:32AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic