Search for content in message boards

exporting my Ancestry.com Tree back into Legacy software

Replies: 17

Re: exporting my Ancestry.com Tree back into Legacy software

Posted: 9 Apr 2014 1:48PM GMT
Classification: Query
===
Wendy also said...
"But if you can't do that, you'll have to update your Legacy file person by person. What a pain! If this is the case, it's a short-coming of Ancestry, not Legacy."

So if a program won't import another programs files it is the fault of the exporting program??

HOGWASH!!!!!
===

I think you misunderstood what Wendy meant here. She meant adding individual information was a pain and because she believed that Ancestry didn't have a way to export a family, and so she thought that a fault of Ancestry (which it certainly IS). She wasn't implying that it was a pain to enter information into Legacy because of Legacy's software. Even I got that.

Anyway, Ancestry shouldn't make you jump through hoops to download a simple gedcom. It should be right there for everyone to see. I myself didn't know how until your post, which was helpful for that reason alone. I even asked about it the Ancestry help forum itself. The users there told me that it was impossible to do! So even they don't know!

To me, that says that the entire fault is with Ancestry. If their own users don't know how to do it, then that speaks volumes about Ancestry, IMO.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
DebbieTavenne... 29 Jan 2011 12:58AM GMT 
wendyh651 31 Jan 2011 2:49AM GMT 
AGHatchett3rd 31 Jan 2011 4:34AM GMT 
wendyh651 1 Feb 2011 8:36PM GMT 
magnoliasouth 9 Apr 2014 7:48PM GMT 
MrTTubbs 1 Feb 2011 2:03PM GMT 
DebbieTavenne... 1 Feb 2011 2:24PM GMT 
wendyh651 1 Feb 2011 8:49PM GMT 
DebbieTavenne... 1 Feb 2011 9:53PM GMT 
karezd 6 Apr 2011 1:17PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions