Search for content in message boards

Legacy and creating books

Replies: 4

Legacy and creating books

Posted: 19 Mar 2012 5:32PM GMT
Classification: Query
Can anyone tell me if there is a way to include fan reports (created in the chart add on available for Legacy) in a book in the book publishing section of Legacy?

Also, I have created a book that has many reports, scrapbooks, picture trees,etc. in it. The problem I have is that if I want to edit a certain chapter in the book to preview my changes I appear to have to preview the whole book which takes quite a while. Is there a way to make a chapter, i.e. a picture scrapbook or a descendant narrative book and preview it by itself without having to preview the entire book?

I have used Legacy for a few years now and have always been frustrated with the books portion. I would switch software if I could find a program that would generate books and give me more options and work better. For example, there are so many reports available in Legacy that cannot be included in the book. Or I don't know how to include them. I want them in the book because of the index, page numbers, table of contents, etc.

I would be interested in an add on or other software if anyone has any recommendations.

TY,

Linda
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
wunderlong88 19 Mar 2012 11:32PM GMT 
wendyh651 20 Mar 2012 2:20AM GMT 
wunderlong88 20 Mar 2012 2:12PM GMT 
Mary E Leek 21 Mar 2012 3:33PM GMT 
cmdep 26 Mar 2012 11:28PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions