Search for content in message boards

Leaning towards legacy...question (training video CDs)

Replies: 5

Re: Leaning towards legacy...question (training video CDs)

Posted: 16 Jun 2012 10:44AM GMT
Classification: Query
It's hard to answer this question. It is heavily dependent on how you like to learn the product. Some people do not read the manual cover to cover and only refer to sections as a reference or use the .PDF version to perform quick searches for specific phrases.

Even if you like to read the manual cover to cover, then the .PDF is available for that. I have had Legacy for some time and have purchase two of the printed manuals during version upgrades. Honestly, I have not really used them that much (they both still look brand new).

As far as the training CD's ... I have no experience with them to have an opinion. I can only say that I've had good luck with the product even without the training videos. There are many freely available Webinars (online videos) from the website.

How you use the program can be a personal decision. The biggest problem that I've had is entering a type of data one way and later deciding to add it in a different way ... but, that comes from entering many records of the same type and deciding I like to capture details differently.

The Legacy program is freely available with a lot of it's functionality. I would suggest you download it and play with it for a little while. This will tell you if you like the product and it will also give you an idea if you need the additional training CD.

Brian
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
texasnightowl 11 Jun 2012 7:40PM GMT 
BrianJones133 16 Jun 2012 4:44PM GMT 
LGG50 18 Jun 2012 3:58PM GMT 
Rosenlof 3 Jul 2012 2:13PM GMT 
geisten 2 Jul 2012 6:24PM GMT 
texasnightowl 3 Jul 2012 6:05PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions