Search for content in message boards

Leaning towards legacy...question (training video CDs)

Replies: 5

Re: Leaning towards legacy...question (training video CDs)

Posted: 18 Jun 2012 9:58AM GMT
Classification: Query
I've used FTM since it's inception for windows. They've ruined it with the new 2012 version.
I've also used Legacy for many years.

Hands down - I'd go with Legacy 7.5 - it is sooooo superior to FTM 2012, particularly when it comes to producing family reports, and handling media files. You can still upload your trees to Ancestry.com - although you can't sync the tree with your software program the way you can with FTM.

In addition - when you important a Legacy file into FTM, which FTM claims to be able to do, your database will be so butchered, with children re-assigned to parents who aren't even connected with the family line. There is no way to go through the entire database and fix all the errors FTM made when importing a Legacy file. Importing old FTW files seems to work ok.

At any rate - I strongly advise Legacy 7.5 . Legacy also does NOT make you buy a new software every year either. (FTM is notorious for this - they fix the bugs from the older version, then charge you for purchasing new software that often seems worse than the prior version.)
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
texasnightowl 11 Jun 2012 7:40PM GMT 
BrianJones133 16 Jun 2012 4:44PM GMT 
LGG50 18 Jun 2012 3:58PM GMT 
Rosenlof 3 Jul 2012 2:13PM GMT 
geisten 2 Jul 2012 6:24PM GMT 
texasnightowl 3 Jul 2012 6:05PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions