Search for content in message boards

How to add children's notes

Replies: 5

Re: How to add children's notes

Posted: 9 Apr 2014 2:29PM GMT
Classification: Query
Not to poke my nose in here, though I am. Let me ask you this: do the brother's notes include information on your ancestor? If so, and if you're using Legacy 8 then maybe you can consider moving the notes to an event, then sharing that event with the brother that is your ancestor. I'm fairly certain that the shared event will show up in the ancestor report.

I understand your problem though. Many times notes include information on other family members. For years, I've wondered why we can't share certain notes. To fix the problem, I've created a new "event" called Notes with absolutely no sentence definitions. This way I can do what I want with it. I move those to the top of the events unless a date is necessary.

The only problem with sharing is that it also includes a "role". To alleviate that problem, I created a role called Notes and then I left the sentence definitions to that blank as well. So when you share John's notes with Tom's, then Tom's role is Notes.

Hopefully that makes sense.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
dannybou 26 Nov 2012 10:20PM GMT 
wendyh651 27 Nov 2012 3:10AM GMT 
dannybou 27 Nov 2012 1:26PM GMT 
wendyh651 28 Nov 2012 5:00AM GMT 
dannybou 28 Nov 2012 6:32PM GMT 
magnoliasouth 9 Apr 2014 8:29PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions