Search for content in message boards

moving from Legacy 7.4 to TMG silver V7

Replies: 1

moving from Legacy 7.4 to TMG silver V7

Posted: 15 Apr 2011 5:31PM GMT
Classification: Query
Had been using the free version of Legacy, and decided rather than buy the full version I'd buy TMG instead. Did a trial import of just a small part of one of my Legacy files (actually not that small - about 500 individuals) to see what happened. I don't know if I just haven't looked hard enough, but it would appear that none of the copious amounts of notes I had on legacy have transferred across. I'd put all the census data in as notes on the main page for each record, so I really need to keep all that as it took a lot of work.

Is this just a problem with me not having played around with TMG enough to see what and where stuff goes? It does seem like quite a different format to Legacy. Prior to Legacy I used PAF and that wasn't such a big shift in how I managed it, or in how things transferred across (from memory all the notes from PAF remained intact and went straight into a similar area on the Legacy file).

Feel free to point me to appropriate help topics within the programme rather than giving detailed explanations here if it is indeed just my not having read up enough about it.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
cemcurtis 15 Apr 2011 11:31PM GMT 
AGHatchett3rd 16 Apr 2011 1:00AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions