Search for content in message boards

PAF and MAC compatability

Replies: 7

PAF and MAC compatability

Posted: 31 Dec 2009 9:03AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Thomas, Yates, Brown, Ferguson, Lumpkin, Knight
I am using PAF 2.3.1 on a G5 OS10.4.11 with Classic 9.0 running in the background. It is horribly slow.

Does anyone know why the Church refuses to update their program for MACs, especially since the new MAC OS is so easy to code with? I understand there are a couple of individuals who are trying to do this...but have not been successful to date and only sporadically work the issue. I don't understand why the Chruch doesn't view the MAC market as worth the effort. I'd be willing to pay for that vs getting it free.

I have about 2000 entries in each of my two PAF folders - for my Paternal and Maternal lines.

Is there any other program that is compatible with PAF - that will maintain the individual ID numbers assigned to each ancestor - that I can transfer my data to? I was hoping to find something that I could do a GEDCOM transfer to and maintain the integrity of my data. The MAC supported MACFamilyTree does not maintain the individual ID numbers. (I have a copy which I have not opened yet because of this issue)

I hate to think that I will need to buy a PC and then switch/GEDCOM my data to that. Of course I'm assuming that the PC version would also maintain the individual ID numbers. Would it?

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Pat
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
wartellpt 31 Dec 2009 4:03PM GMT 
dcasr1 31 Dec 2010 9:01PM GMT 
wartellpt 31 Dec 2010 10:23PM GMT 
Dave G 1 Jan 2011 2:20PM GMT 
BrianDunn695 25 May 2011 12:22AM GMT 
wartellpt 25 May 2011 11:02AM GMT 
south_dean1 18 Dec 2012 7:53AM GMT 
wartellpt 18 Dec 2012 3:40PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions