Search for content in message boards

PAF and no more updates

Replies: 4

Re: PAF and no more updates

Posted: 10 Apr 2010 11:30PM GMT
Classification: Query
From what I have read PAF is no longer being updated. However, I ended up buying Ancestral Quest because it has the look and feel of PAF and is being updated periodically. What I do not like about AQ is that you cannot access the maps/ place names unless you are an LDS person. That is terrible when you pay your money and the program has been crippled. However, although I have many other software programs, I always gravitate back to AQ. To access place names, I have had to use my Family Tree Maker but it does not support RINS and you end up when you export a GEDCOM with all names in alphabetical order meaning that my wife is a long way away from me in the RIN table it produces in the output file that I then import into AQ. So, to overcome this, I have run the programs side by side and find out correct spelling etc. of place names in FTM and then enter the correct data into AQ. It would be easier if people entered data correctly such as town/village, state/shire/province, country instead of just Exeter, for example. Everyone should include the country in their data as a minimum.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
KerryBenchFuh... 23 Feb 2010 6:03AM GMT 
Dave G 23 Feb 2010 6:42PM GMT 
KerryBenchFuh... 23 Feb 2010 6:59PM GMT 
Garth Woodwar... 29 Jun 2012 8:30PM GMT 
rwatkins121 11 Apr 2010 5:30AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic