5 Aug. 2011
I understand what you're trying to do. I had the same type of problem with trying to find out what events were missing sources. My primary database is at about 3400 people, so like your problem, it wasn't one that would be easy to do record by record.
I went ahead a wrote a computer program that went through the gedcom looking for events that were not sourced and flagged them to print in an output file. Then I went back and cleaned up the database.
Unfortunately, I no longer have access to the Fortran compiler that I used, so until I learn another programming language, I won't be able to do that sort of thing for a while.
Short of writing a computer program or using a scripting language such as Perl, I don't see an easy solution for the problem.
I hope that you can work something out.