Search for content in message boards

Trying to migrate RM3 to Mac w/ Windows 7

Replies: 7

Re: Trying to migrate RM3 to Mac w/ Windows 7

Posted: 13 Sep 2010 10:26PM GMT
Classification: Query
One thing I forgot to mention in my thread to you and that is I am not an expert by any means and have learned from my own mistakes and problems and from reading about the items I am working with.
I have just given my own opinions for what they are worth as I have had similar situations over the years with program changes and updates etc so am passing this on.

I do suggest strongly you read up on items like "Gedcom" so you are aware of their capabilities and pitfalls.
Also to contact RM for advice on updating your info to RM4 from RM3. Should be seemless but you never know.

A lot of this can be very confusing and worrying if you are not what they say"computer savvy".
Most is easily done and after the first time, if all goes well, your fears are put to rest. A good learning curve which I am sure will have a good conclusion.

My idea of using an "Offsite" tree has many advantages such as access from anywhere, no reason to purchase software for your own PC, but most of us do, and extra safeguards if your own PC dies. Plus quite a lot of help etc.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
kayaddis 13 Sep 2010 8:10PM GMT 
Derek_Butcher 14 Sep 2010 3:54AM GMT 
Derek_Butcher 14 Sep 2010 4:26AM GMT 
kayaddis 14 Sep 2010 12:12PM GMT 
myravg 15 Sep 2010 7:20PM GMT 
kayaddis 16 Sep 2010 10:29AM GMT 
kayaddis 16 Sep 2010 8:31PM GMT 
Derek_Butcher 17 Sep 2010 1:45AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions