Search for content in message boards

Review question on Burial Records - Oklahoma project.

Replies: 2

Review question on Burial Records - Oklahoma project.

Posted: 3 May 2014 9:44PM GMT
Classification: Query
I am working on review of the Oklahoma records and have a question about how to handle multiple burial records on one page when there is no indication of relationship between them. The first headstone has an individual's name and a father/mother listing, the second headstone has a name with a different father/mother listing, and a third name has a name and still different father/mother listing -- all on one page. I am not finding any consistency in the entries of this type of record. Some keyers have entered all names and relationships on one page (which makes it look like 3 individuals and 3 sets of parents all in one list, and you don't know which person the parents relate to. Others created new sections for different names/parents. Others are skipping the relationship completely and just entering all names. And finally, many are designating them as cover pages. I know they are burial records and not cover pages, but unsure of the correct way to indicate the relationships when there are multiple names/parents who are seemingly unrelated to each other on one page. Thanks!
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
laurieahrens 4 May 2014 3:44AM GMT 
wiedwoman 4 May 2014 7:02PM GMT 
laurieahrens 4 May 2014 7:59PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic