Search for content in message boards

West Yorkshire, England, Quarter Session Orders, 1637-1914

Replies: 15

Re: West Yorkshire, England, Quarter Session Orders, 1637-1914

Posted: 20 Sep 2013 11:15PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 20 Sep 2013 11:36PM GMT
I am entering in the suffix column, the Younger as opposed to Junior, since I am entering it as seen. The Younger is not in the drop down list. In addition, I have come across Sir xxxx Baronet so I am entering Sir as a prefix and Baronet (which is also not in the drop down list) as a suffix. I am double checking on these 2 items since I hesitate to enter things, other than some names when they are not in the "dictionary" provided. I have also come across "The Right Honorable Sarah Countess Wexborough". Should Countess be either a Prefix or a Suffix? How about Right Honorable? Also, I have seen a name followed by widow or spinster. I have not included these as suffixes - is this correct? I understand that some of these questions may seem silly but I want to enter everything correctly. And lastly, although I'm pretty sure I know the answer, I came across a list of names where the first name was on one image and the last name was on the next image. They were clearly the same person and it seems unfortunate that I cannot enter it as a whole name. I entered just the first name on the first image and just the last name on the next image. Is this the only way to enter a name that is broken up over 2 pages?
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
HurdisPerry 15 Sep 2013 3:29AM GMT 
KDW18 15 Sep 2013 5:07AM GMT 
zapartmiller 15 Sep 2013 5:35AM GMT 
KDW18 21 Sep 2013 5:15AM GMT 
katerimmer 21 Sep 2013 5:29PM GMT 
KDW18 22 Sep 2013 5:38AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions