Search for content in message boards

London Poor Law records- Two questions about inputting data

Replies: 2

London Poor Law records- Two questions about inputting data

Posted: 1 Jul 2014 9:44AM GMT
Classification: Query
1. An admission record to the Parish of St Leonard, Shoreditch gives the name of three children written on the line ("Name of Child') with the name of an additional child written above the line. However, there are only three ages of the children provided. Given their relatively unusual surname, it would be a straightforward matter to check the names and ages elsewhere but I am assuming after reading the rules that I should not do so. Should I just mark 'illegible' for the ages since this section is not blank and information is provided although it is incomplete?

2. I have come across records in which several details are provided about one person (ie the person who is being admitted or the person who is being turfed out of the parish) but which also mention the parent or other relative of this person. I know that we are supposed to key details of all people mentioned in a record (with the exception of officials). However, in most cases, it is impossible to know if this relative belongs to the same parish. Also, would I key the date of admission for the main individual as the event date for this secondary person also? This is not for circumstances in which more than one person or a family is being admitted/discharged but for cases in which only mention of another person is made.

Many thanks for your assistance with this matter!
gypsyfour1
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
gypsyfour1 1 Jul 2014 3:44PM GMT 
ColleenF789 1 Jul 2014 5:38PM GMT 
gypsyfour1 1 Jul 2014 5:51PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic