Search for content in message boards

US Military Registers-What about Promotion SVC dates?

Replies: 6

US Military Registers-What about Promotion SVC dates?

Posted: 27 Feb 2014 12:37PM GMT
Classification: Query
Have gone through the messages yet again trying to find an answer for this question as I have several sets that I would like to submit:
Do we or do we not key from the column titled Promotion SVC date? Is this also a future date and we key from the Pay Rate date?
I've been using the Pay Rate since I'm not sure what SVC means (in my profession it would mean Superior Vena Cava) and am going by Anna's response on the Eligible for Promotion.

Have seen my accuracy rating plunge to below 50% not because I made a legitimate mistake, but because of the failure to ensure that proper keying instructions were in place before releasing this project for keying.

By the way, didn't realize we had so many 16 & 17 year olds entering the military post WWII, which is what I'm finding when looking at birth dates and looking at pay rate-thought you couldn't get drafted until age 18 and under that age you had to have parental approval to enlist, but that's another issue, along with the fact that pay scales for the military back then took years to increase. Expect any day to find someone who was only 10 or 11 when they entered the military based on pay rate. Sorry-just my humor for the day.

Kathie
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
kgawne66 27 Feb 2014 7:37PM GMT 
katerimmer 27 Feb 2014 8:22PM GMT 
Jane Fogarty 27 Feb 2014 9:22PM GMT 
kgawne66 27 Feb 2014 10:04PM GMT 
zapartmiller 27 Feb 2014 11:25PM GMT 
Jane Fogarty 27 Feb 2014 11:36PM GMT 
kgawne66 28 Feb 2014 1:52AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic