Search for content in message boards

US Military Records-Apologies to reviewers for such a waste

Replies: 1

US Military Records-Apologies to reviewers for such a waste

Posted: 26 Feb 2014 2:46PM GMT
Classification: Query
Having just discovered the message from Herdg and the missing message, I went back and searched for the message and just discovered that we aren't to use the Eligible for promotion date if another date is there, even if the other date isn't the most recent. Instead of just updating the wiki, perhaps, and more importantly, the DIRECTIONS should be updated. Having just spent days keying over 5000 records for this set, it is just a little upsetting to discover that by following the directions which state to key the most recent military date, and not making any distinction between the TYPE of military date to be used, the time spent keying all those records has been wasted. I'm sure I'm not the only person in this situation, but all those records we've done will have to be rejected and only set the project back because they will have to be rekeyed. This is a major instruction that should have been included when the project was released for keying. Personally, I can't see why it make a difference, even if the promotion didn't happen, because when a person searches the records and sees the image, they will see the Eligible for promotion date anyway. All I can do now is to cancel the image sets I've keyed but have not submitted because I'm not going to waste time rekeying them.
Kathie
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
kgawne66 26 Feb 2014 9:46PM GMT 
katerimmer 26 Feb 2014 11:28PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic